jbrentd's 2nd Chance CQ - 3B Ready To Go In

Document and share your build!

Re: jbrentd's 2nd Chance CQ - Merging the 7A & 3B Harnesses

Postby jbrentd » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:24 pm

I couldn’t pass up some local OZ Ultraleggeras. Had to test fit them. I think I’ll sell the TSW Revos. The rear brakes look so small.

Spent way too much time today looking through my unorganized piles and boxes of parts for the original ground strap. Never found it, but I know it’s around here somewhere. I did manage some time on the front suspension, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbrentd

Postby PRY4SNO » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:20 pm

Ultras are sexy as hell, nice score. Personally speaking, I like the wheel fitment to have the rim flush with the edge of the fender. Looks brawny that way and fills out the wheel arches nicely. How do the OZ wheels fit in that regard, what is the ET?

Super cool armrest, I never knew there was an aftermarket one available... where'd you manage to find that? I had thoughts of adapting one from a C4 but don't really like the idea of putting a hole in the TT seats I have. That mount is really tidy so my interest is piqued, to say the least.
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
|| 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24vt 4x4 #bertancummins
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar
PRY4SNO

Postby jbrentd » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:21 pm

PRY4SNO wrote:Ultras are sexy as hell, nice score. Personally speaking, I like the wheel fitment to have the rim flush with the edge of the fender. Looks brawny that way and fills out the wheel arches nicely. How do the OZ wheels fit in that regard, what is the ET?

Super cool armrest, I never knew there was an aftermarket one available... where'd you manage to find that? I had thoughts of adapting one from a C4 but don't really like the idea of putting a hole in the TT seats I have. That mount is really tidy so my interest is piqued, to say the least.

I agree, one of my favorite wheels and I agree on the fitment. These are 17x7 et 42, made for Ford Fiestas (a downside of sticking with 4x108 I suppose). My 15mm spacers make them et27, effectively. So, these should be very similar to the Hockenheims, with regards to the rim lip to fender fit.

That Kamei armrest is actually made for B2s and C3s, but the mounting arms are bent to fit the wider B3 tunnel. And I made my own hardware to secure it to the seat rails. Braden was selling it on FB a few weeks ago, so I snatched it up.

jbrentd

Postby jbrentd » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:55 pm

Both sides of the front suspension are on now. Just need to torque everything down. Also built a new ground wire for the transmission. I may have to bend the lug on the transmission in order to get the bell housing bolts on.

I was surprised to find the 3B’s firewall bracket fit right in behind the coil. The holes lined up perfect. This is where I’ll put the timing, rpm, knock, and O2 sensor connectors.

jbrentd

Postby jbrentd » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:17 pm

Got the carbon canister relocated to the fender and hoses routed this morning.

Now, I’ve got a question. I bought an S2 AC line that goes between the drier and the evaporator from Audi Tradition. Problem is, the male fitting at the drier is M28 (bottom), but the stock fitting is M27 (top). Should I just tap the aluminum fitting on the drier? Anyone else run in to this issue?

jbrentd

Postby jbrentd » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:50 pm

I found a local refrigerated truck service company to just swap the smaller collar from the old line over to the new line. Should work just fine. I really wish I could weld, like some of you guys.

jbrentd

Previous

Return to Projects