10vt B3 (The Bandit)

Document and share your build!

Re: 10vt B3 (The Bandit)

Postby DE80q » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

I do have a steam cleaner (or 2) so I'll give it a shot. Not sure how I will reach into all the compartments in the tank, but can't hurt to try right?
"If you can't find one, make one"

Dallastown, PA
1991 Audi 80 quattro (10vt project)
1991 Audi Coupe Quattro (project: my first 20v)
2007 Mitsubishi Raider(Dakota in disguise)
2019 Chevy Cruze RS hatch (wife's little red sporty car)
DE80q

Postby Afterthought » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:22 am

DE80q wrote:I do have a steam cleaner (or 2) so I'll give it a shot. Not sure how I will reach into all the compartments in the tank, but can't hurt to try right?

If steam doesn’t work you can still get a replacement reservoir for b3 I believe . I got a new one and it was worth the $$ just because not being able to replace the one in my urq has always pissed me off (having to look at the old one)
Afterthought

Postby DE80q » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:39 am

Afterthought wrote:
DE80q wrote:I do have a steam cleaner (or 2) so I'll give it a shot. Not sure how I will reach into all the compartments in the tank, but can't hurt to try right?

If steam doesn’t work you can still get a replacement reservoir for b3 I believe . I got a new one and it was worth the $$ just because not being able to replace the one in my urq has always pissed me off (having to look at the old one)

The one I have in the car was a replacement. With less than 10k miles on it, and it cracked. That's really why I'm looking at trying to clean an oem.

As for you Urq, I may know someone that has an incredibly clean one if it's the same as the CGT.
"If you can't find one, make one"

Dallastown, PA
1991 Audi 80 quattro (10vt project)
1991 Audi Coupe Quattro (project: my first 20v)
2007 Mitsubishi Raider(Dakota in disguise)
2019 Chevy Cruze RS hatch (wife's little red sporty car)
DE80q

Postby Afterthought » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:42 am

DE80q wrote:
Afterthought wrote:

The one I have in the car was a replacement. With less than 10k miles on it, and it cracked. That's really why I'm looking at trying to clean an oem.

As for you Urq, I may know someone that has an incredibly clean one if it's the same as the CGT.

Oh that makes sense .
For the urq I have a couple ways I can go I may Change the bracket and adapt to an b3 or newer one
Afterthought

Postby PRY4SNO » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:46 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant about making some kind of lance to get into the nooks and crannies. See if you can get some copper tube that will fit over the outlet nozzle on your steamer and that should be flexible enough to get into the right place.
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
|| 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24vt 4x4 #bertancummins
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar
PRY4SNO

Previous

Return to Projects