1995 Audi 90 Quattro - The Journey Begins

Document and share your build!

1995 Audi 90 Quattro - The Journey Begins

Postby Avant1987 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:26 am

I have long been an Audi enthusiast and I had the unique opportunity to purchase a 1995 Audi 90 Quattro Sport with 97k miles on it. It is rust free and aside from the blemished front end it’s in great shape.

The car was last driven by the owner in 2016. He was in a very minor front end collision which he was quoted roughly $2k to repair. Despite having just replacing the clutch/rear main seal and brakes/rotors on all four corners a few weeks prior to the accident, he decided he no longer wanted the car. I purchased it in spring 2019.

I am excited to embark on a “full restoration” of the car. My plan is to have the front end straightened and the entire car painted/color change. I have a great contact who does excellent body work whom I will hand the car over to. From there I plan to hopefully swap the stock v6 for the VR motor that most commonly came in toureg/q7 the 3.6L FSI.

I contemplated an AAN swap as I have a line on a complete donor car. But, I have had my fair share of turbo Audis in a b5 s4 avant big turbo car and a b7 a4 avant 2.0t. I am excited about the prospects of a roughly 300hp NA motor in an AWD application. I owned a mk2 gti with a 12v 2.8L VR6 and it was one of the most fun cars I have ever owned. Yes, I know this won’t be apples to apples but I can always turbo the 3.6L VR in the future if I feel like lighting more money on fire.

I have picked up a few cosmetic items in preparation for paint (S2 parts from Europe are not cheap, who knew).

-OEM S2 Euro front bumper
-OEM S2 European headlights
-B5 s4 side skirts, they will be retrofitted in place of the stock side skirts and the rub strips will be shaved

The 90 as it currently sits in my driveway and on the trailer home the night I picked it up. Despite the front end damage the car is insanely clean and rust free everywhere else.

The headlights which arrived well packed and undamaged from the U.K., even with the precarious glass housings.

I have a few colors in mind but I have yet to settle on any one in particular.

Porsche PTS Aventurine Metallic, the new iteration, not the version from the 80s...

Porsche PTS yachting blue.

Porsche Iris Blue metallic

Audi Avus Silver

Jury is out for now, open to suggestions!

I am excited to document the build here, and share what knowledge I can along the way.
Avant1987

Re: 1995 Audi 90 Quattro - The Journey Begins

Postby PRY4SNO » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Good to see you here!

I really like the Yachting Blue. Would be unique and work well with the 90s boxy curves.
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Farmenwagen
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

|| Spare parts for sale
PRY4SNO

Postby Avant1987 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:29 pm

PRY4SNO wrote:Good to see you here!

I really like the Yachting Blue. Would be unique and work well with the 90s boxy curves.

Thanks for the tip on motorgeek! I really like it too. It’s going to be a tough decision.
Avant1987

Postby Afterthought » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Damn off to a good start!
I like those blue colors a lot , Europa blue is my favorite 90’s Audi color. That stock green is also one of my favorites .
Afterthought

Postby jbrentd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:19 am

I tend to lean towards the blues myself, with that Iris Blue being my favorite among the choices you gave. I have, on many occasions, thought of re-re-spraying my B3 in Europa Blue. I had it on a B5 and loved it.
jbrentd

Return to Projects