Pat's S4... hundred? grocery getter

Document and share your build!

Pat's S4... hundred? grocery getter

Postby Lilgreydentwagen » Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 am

I bought this 100 wagon in July last year. It was cheap, very dirty and full of water. P.O. told me the trans module had gotten some water damage so I figured, hey easy fix. New module and we're golden. Yeah. Nope. I bought a basket case. The interior was garbage from the world go. Someone had PAINTED the seats ecru. Brushed on. Not sprayed. They used a goddamn brush. The driver's seat was broken, so I had to take it apart to remove it. The carpet was green with algae, the headliner was held up with staples, When I took the passenger seat out the carpet moved like a waterbed when I pushed on it, and finally, when I got the carpet out I found the ecu... looked like someone dipped the poor thing in sulphuric acid, wire harness and all. I was gonna swap it anyways but I hoped I could at least put around in it for a few months. So it's been sitting here in my yard sinking into the grass while I figure out what I need to do. Then things just started falling in my lap. First I picked up an s4 for the drivetrain. That came with an rs2 tune and injectors, and 3 inch exhaust. It too became a collector of pine needles and random things until a few weeks ago I get a message from my buddy Jeremy with a link for a black a6 wagon on craigslist. Since then my yard, sheds and tiny workshop have been pure chaos. We're literally stripping 3 cars in my driveway but damn it's fun. Anyways. Some pics.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
"A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster."
-Jeremy Clarkson-
Lilgreydentwagen

Re: Pat's S4... hundred? grocery getter

Postby FFF » Sun May 13, 2018 8:48 am

Big project! Keep it rolling with updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
FFF

Re: Pat's S4... hundred? grocery getter

Postby Lilgreydentwagen » Sun May 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Got the 2.8 out of the 100 today against my wife's instructions to "take it easy." I have a guy that wants to buy it and he only has a couple day window to pick it up. I've never pulled two engines in a weekend
I'm just glad my buddy was over to help yesterday and that my teenage son is as enthusiastic about this as I am. My "shop" is filling up fast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
"A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster."
-Jeremy Clarkson-
Lilgreydentwagen

Return to Projects