Attention Seattle Locals

Non-automotive discussion

Attention Seattle Locals

Postby PRY4SNO » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:28 am

So the girlfriend and I just landed in Seattle last night, after a couple days of camping at Flathead Lake, MT. We rented a place in Ballard. So far we love the city. It's gorgeous and eclectic and modern. Can't wait to see more.

That's where you come in... where do you recommend we eat/drink/see/do?

We're going to make some breakfast and head down to Belltown to poke around then later we might head to Capitol Hill.

We tend to like craft brews, good coffee and fine food at refugee pricing.

We'll be here until we leave for her sister's wedding in Victoria on the 20th.

If anyone is around and would like to meet for a pint, by all means say hi!! :beer:
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

|| Spare parts for sale
PRY4SNO

Re: Attention Seattle Locals

Postby alxdgr8 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Welcome!

Craft Beer? You're in the right place! Especially staying in Ballard. A few I'd recommend in the area: Hale's Ales (they also have a restaurant), Hilliards, Reuben's Brews, Maritime Pacific (have food), Fremont Brewing. Actually, if you check out Ballard Beer Company, they stock nearly all of the Ballard breweries on tap or in bottles if you want to try a large variety.
Further outside of Ballard, I'd recommend Pike Place Brewing if you're going to be down at Pike Place.
As far as food, in Ballard/Fremont: La Isla has some excellent Puerto Rican food, Paseo's make one of the best Caribbean sandwiches you'll ever have, Uneeda Burger for awesome burgers, Red Star is a really good taco bar, Red Mill has great onion rings and burgers, Ivar's Salmon House for fish/chips and chowder (they also have a pretty good happy hour in the bar), Kickin' Boot is a good BBQ restaurant and whiskey bar.
In Belltown, Buckley's has a wide selection of beer and good pub food.
In and around Ballard, check out the Locks, Golden Gardens, and Discovery Park.

Georgetown/SODO is another really cool area in South Seattle, I spend a lot of time there since I work there. It's an artsy industrial area with lots of good food and drinks. For beer: Schooner Exact Brewery (also amazing food), The Woods (home of Two Beers Brewing and Seattle Cider), Machine House Brewery (english style ales), Couterbalance Brewing, Gastropod/Epic Ales (also very good food).
For food: Fonda La Catrina has amazing authentic mexican, Stellar Pizza for new york style pizza, Via Tribunali for Neapolitan style pizza, Smarty Pants or Hudson for sandwiches, Katsu burger for interesting japanese style burgers, Peco's Pit for BBQ (only open for lunch during the week; I usually get mild/medium as medium is very spicy, never tried hot).

For the best views of Seattle, head to Gasworks park on Lake Union or Alki Beach.

Good coffee, it's everywhere!

I'm working late this week and then heading out of town on Thursday so I'm not sure if I'll have any free time, otherwise I'd grab a drink with you. PM me your number and I'll give you a call if I do get out of work early tonight or tomorrow.
-Alex- @vexartmedia on Instagram
1992 Porsche 968 (07K transplant in progress)
1983 Aud UrQ (20vt swap in progress)
1995 Audi 90QS (Previously 32v V8, now AEB 1.8T)
1986 Audi Coupe GT (7A swap and more)
2010 VW Touareg TDI (DD, tow rig)
2001 Ducati ST4
alxdgr8

Postby PRY4SNO » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:19 pm

What a list, thanks! Any chance you have a favourite sushi joint that doesn't break the bank?

PM incoming.
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

|| Spare parts for sale
PRY4SNO

Postby alxdgr8 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:18 pm

PRY4SNO wrote:What a list, thanks! Any chance you have a favourite sushi joint that doesn't break the bank?

PM incoming.

I don't eat sushi all too often, so I don't know many places and couldn't tell you how good they are haha. I asked my girlfriend, she recommended Musashis in Wallingford. If you want to spend a little more, she said Moshi Moshi on Ballard Ave.
-Alex- @vexartmedia on Instagram
1992 Porsche 968 (07K transplant in progress)
1983 Aud UrQ (20vt swap in progress)
1995 Audi 90QS (Previously 32v V8, now AEB 1.8T)
1986 Audi Coupe GT (7A swap and more)
2010 VW Touareg TDI (DD, tow rig)
2001 Ducati ST4
alxdgr8

Return to Off-Topic