Vems water injection metering

Discuss VEMS and other standalone ECUs

Vems water injection metering

Postby carl » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:51 pm

So i'm in the middle of installing water/meth injection, this summer's heat was pretty harsh. Anyways, i've set up the pump via relay and solenoid/injector using the Vems AAN PNP 10pin spare connector's outputs. However not sure on to go about setting up anytrim with the flowmeter, it has a hall signal (5v output)? Wheelspeed 1 is already populated and needed. Do i need a frequency to voltage converter plugged to a pulled down input or is there a wheelspeed 2 pin or something i can connect easily to on the exterior of the pnp unit?
carl

Re: Vems water injection metering

Postby audifreakjim » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:25 am

What flow meter? The AEM failsafe has a 0-5 analog out, this is what I was using.
audifreakjim

Postby carl » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Just a basic water flow meter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/G1-4-St ... 04720.html Not sure what methanol will do to it yet though.
Is the AEM sensor available or would i have to buy a whole gauge kit. 300$ seems pretty stiff since i just need the sensor.

Ran into another problem, seems there's a weird timed interval pulse happening behind the pwm affecting flow, maybe pressure.
carl

Postby audifreakjim » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:58 pm

Want to buy my used setup? I am not using it anymore. It's the best way I have found to make the system, well, failsafe. Having the gauge, and analog output saves a lot of headaches. I'd let it go for $180 shipped.
audifreakjim

Postby carl » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Cool thanks for the offer, i'll take it if it doesn't work out with a lm331 chip, probs will get pieces for mini circuit by next weekend to test. Def needs a failsafe to measure realtime water output and only adjust aggressiveness in relation.
carl

Return to Standalone Engine Management