Firmware update can't edit curves

Discuss VEMS and other standalone ECUs

Postby Urtorsen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 pm

So I updated firmware last night. Also vems to the most recent nightly as it promted to.
The ecu firmware worked well, got all the knock features I hadn't before and other new files.
However now it won't let me change any of the points in curve editors like enrichment curves. If I enter new values in the cells it ignores them and returns to the old values when I hit 'burn'
It used to let me drag them to where I wanted and also change them by putting values in the cells.
Do I change the vemstune back to stable rather than 'nightly' update???
Urtorsen

Re: Firmware update can't edit curves

Postby UrSobsessed » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:37 am

I was just messing with some of this tonight and noticed similar things. I would have to close the graph window and reopen it for it to work. Also, when I changed a value the burn tab didn't turn red as it is supposed to when changing values. Not all changes acted this way. When I made boost adjustments everything was normal. Post this on the vemssupport forum as a few of those guys over there are programming this stuff and will have some answers. Marc might also.
UrSobsessed

Postby Urtorsen » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:06 am

I've already posted it just prior to this. Yeah, I can change other tables and stuff, just seems to be the curve editor , the enrichments curves. The very same with me, doesn't turn red as usual either.
Urtorsen

Postby Marc » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:41 am

update to the latest nightly vemstune if you haven't already yet as well. if you have and its still doing it, vemssupport or adding a ticket via the sharing center in the vemstune software is your best bet.
Marc Swanson
Proprietor, EFI Express

Marc

Postby Urtorsen » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Thanks guys, it will make changes with the hotkeys but no dragging with cursor, I'll update to the latest nightly when I get home tonight.
Urtorsen

Postby carl » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Had similar problem with vemstune but dragging worked for me, just had to go back to field edit value and tap "Enter" key after changing value, pita on a touch screen. Wondering what firmware are you running? I wasn't able to get a stable idle with any of the newer knock releases, keeps jumping up and down with same settings.
carl

Postby Urtorsen » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:13 am

I'm trying to get my knock setup, have the sampling almost right so far. Before this I was running a firmware that wouldn't let me use knock features at all.
I have found with the new firmware that my high idle problem doesn't exist anymore. Even though all the same values, which doesn't make sense. It also goes very rich for a fraction of a second when i tip in whereas before it was opposite . So I had to trim down the TPS/map enrichments , it made a little difference but......not sure what's going on, it's a good thing I suppose lol. I'm still playing with it whenever I get time but haven't got around to the vemstune flash again yet
Urtorsen

Postby UrSobsessed » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:29 pm

Somewhere after FW 1.2.11, maybe around .20, I think, they changed the calc for acceleration enrichments to be much faster. It's recommended to pull out as much as 75%. YMMV, so make sure you're logging while doing this.
UrSobsessed

Postby Urtorsen » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Funny, I lowered the highest TPS enrich point by about 50 % last night on the way home didn't get time to really get it perfect yet but it did improve it. How the hell you find that out!!! Thanks, I was starting to think I had something else going on. It really is alot quicker isn't it.
Last edited by Urtorsen on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Urtorsen

Postby Urtorsen » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks for sharing that info!!!
Urtorsen

Postby UrSobsessed » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:45 pm

You're welcome! That info was listed in the change notes that are under the link for each FW version. You have to read all of the FW changes between the newest one you're using and the older version you had to see what changes you need to address.

Did you catch the CLT_IGN_ADJUST addition in FW.23? If not, make sure you have reasonable values in that table. I don't know much about that yet as I'm still running FW.11 for the time being...
UrSobsessed

Postby Urtorsen » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:48 pm

Damn I've been so busy I didn't even remember to , but I did see that new little table. I am off for a couple days so it's all on my list.
Urtorsen

Postby Urtorsen » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:48 pm

I haven't my laptop in work, is there anywhere I can get to read it online from my phone?
Urtorsen

Postby 88a5tq » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:30 pm

You guys are using this knock feature on your 3b and aan engines? I'm afraid I don't know the second thing about how vems functions there. Just know it senses a specific sound frequency that pertains to each type of motor :hide:
Janitor at large
1991 Audi 200 TQ HX35 (finally 56mm)
$500 butt-hurter
1988 Audi 5000 TQ
88a5tq

Postby Urtorsen » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:37 am

I really ike the CLT ignition table!!! There's pretty good info on the setup dialogs on knock and how they filter and use it to control. I still haven't got time to get the sampling finished yet.
Urtorsen

Postby 88a5tq » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Urtorsen wrote:I really ike the CLT ignition table!!! There's pretty good info on the setup dialogs on knock and how they filter and use it to control. I still haven't got time to get the sampling finished yet.

I think that's for me lol :) :ty:
Janitor at large
1991 Audi 200 TQ HX35 (finally 56mm)
$500 butt-hurter
1988 Audi 5000 TQ
88a5tq

Return to Standalone Engine Management