VEMS 1.8t 630cc coldstart problems

Discuss VEMS and other standalone ECUs

Re: VEMS 1.8t 630cc coldstart problems

Postby ChrisAudi80 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:11 am

beemer832 wrote:I haven't even tested the AC being on yet. It has this issue just trying to idle with no load. I will take a look at your config and see how mine compares. Thanks!
-josh

Sure, just keep in mind that I run Deka 630cc injectors at 2.5bar on E85.
96 S6 auto
95 80Q AEB VEMS
ChrisAudi80

Postby beemer832 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:02 am

Still not idling as ideal as I'd like. I guess I was spoiled with the old Apr tune.

Anyway, I am running 630cc injectors but normal 91 octane. Marc has a few more tweaks to go still but I am hoping to have a nice healthy idle soon.

-josh
beemer832

Postby Urtorsen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Sorry haven't been paying much attention to the forums most weeks.
That's great to hear that works, I would've been afraid to try that incase I popped something lol.
I could get it to work but to make it driveable like the Bosch 2 wire independent isv valve didn't happen, has either of you tried the higher freq available now?? It's like 400hz or higher , I forget ....Marc has my ECU right now though and my blocks being machined so I can't tell .
I just didn't like the rev hang in high duty in hot weather and the AC on in traffic, coming to a stop it wouldn't smooth out quick enough , after countless tries of adjusting the PID. .
i got all of that to work on the isv valve no problem, I'm probably gonna go back to the throttle body idle motor when I get it running again. I can try a little stepper idle valve after that if it doesn't work.
Urtorsen

Postby ChrisAudi80 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Urtorsen wrote:Sorry haven't been paying much attention to the forums most weeks.
That's great to hear that works, I would've been afraid to try that incase I popped something lol.
I could get it to work but to make it driveable like the Bosch 2 wire independent isv valve didn't happen, has either of you tried the higher freq available now?? It's like 400hz or higher , I forget ....Marc has my ECU right now though and my blocks being machined so I can't tell .
I just didn't like the rev hang in high duty in hot weather and the AC on in traffic, coming to a stop it wouldn't smooth out quick enough , after countless tries of adjusting the PID. .
i got all of that to work on the isv valve no problem, I'm probably gonna go back to the throttle body idle motor when I get it running again. I can try a little stepper idle valve after that if it doesn't work.

I have gotten the TB IAC to work somewhat. I don't really use the PID, mainly just DC. I have an old VEMS ECU, so cannot upgrade to 1.2.38 yet. I need some kind of bootloader to go from n to uhex.

It's stable @775-800 when engine warm. AC off it idles at 1000-1200, which I don't mind. AC is on most of the time.
96 S6 auto
95 80Q AEB VEMS
ChrisAudi80

Previous

Return to Standalone Engine Management