My 95.5 UrS6 Avant *undecided*

Document and share your build!

My 95.5 UrS6 Avant *undecided*

Postby speedydtp247 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Today I bought a UrS6 Avant. It has 238,xxx miles and 1 cylinder with low compression. I did buy a spare AAN motor that I plan on building up to replace the current motor. Its Europa Blue with Platinum intereior.

Here is a run down on what upgrades were added by the previous owners (there might be more but this is all that I can think of this moment).

~ RS2 turbo and manifold *sold off*
~ Lehmann stage 1 chipset with 2.5 bar PT *replaced with MRC RS2 chipset w/VMAP set @ 3 bar*
~ Koni shocks and ABT springs
~ Custom aftermarket stereo system
~ BBS RC wheels *sold off*
~ S6+ big brake kit
~ ABT rear muffler *sold off*

Here is my plans for the Avant (not in any particular order).

~ Euro headlights *done*
~ HID kit *done*
~ Right Click Switchblade Keyless Entry *done*
~ 6 speed tranny
~ Get the wood trim redone in piano black *swapped out the wood trim to carbon fiber instead*
~ Rebuild the spare AAN motor *done*
~ Stromung exhaust *done*
~ Have the whole avant repainted
~ Clear corner lights *done*
~ FMIC *bought only the core*
~ Install my euro license plate panel from my UrS4 *done*
~ Install my BBK from my UrS4 *sold off*
~ Swap to black interior *rocking the 2 tone look*
~ Upgrade power (now running with MRC RS2 chipset w/VMAP set @ 3 bar) *sold off*
~ Upgrade ignition system (LS2 kit) *swapped over to UrS4 and then sold UrS4*

Here is a few pics that I took.

My buddy's B6 A4 avant and my UrS6 avant.
I'm going to get this rust fixed asap and get the "rings" reinstalled.

BBS RC

Spare AAN motor that I'm going to build up.
Last edited by speedydtp247 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
speedydtp247

Postby topher » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Love it man, keep us updated? That is very rusty for an audi But i see your from michigan so I understand Nlol
topher

Postby speedydtp247 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:45 pm

topher wrote:Love it man, keep us updated? That is very rusty for an audi But i see your from michigan so I understand Nlol

I'll keep this updated the best I can. If you think that this avant is very rusty, which I dont think is that bad. You need to click on my CQ thread thats in my sig and see the pics of the fenders before I replaced them.
speedydtp247

Postby jbrentd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:01 am

Love that color. I'll be watching.
jbrentd

Postby speedydtp247 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:43 pm

jbrentd wrote:Love that color. I'll be watching.

Me too. Europa blue or black are the only 2 colors that I was interested in. It was great that this avant was local and available for purchase. Plus it being 1 of the colors I was interested in was a ADDED bonus 8)
speedydtp247

Postby UrSobsessed » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Nice man! Congrats on the car! Those are super rare!

Which cylinder is the low compression in? These motors are prone to having the valve guides(especially on the exhaust side, #'s 4 and 5) wear out. It can get bad enough to where the valves won't close all of the way so a compression test won't show accurate results.

I compression tested my car and all of the cylinders came up with a consistent reading of ~85psi across the board! Then I had a leak-down test done on it and it showed I had worn valve guides, mostly in #3, then 5 and 4 repectively.

Might not be you problem, but just some food for thought.
UrSobsessed

Postby M. Kelty » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 pm

85psi, ouch. Ring Time or what?
M. Kelty

Postby Toxcheap » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 pm

:stupid:
I had a cylinder with a slightly bent valve that still made 80psi LOL
Toxcheap

Postby UrSobsessed » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:46 am

Nope, just reconditioned head.

M. Kelty wrote:[/quote]
85psi, ouch. Ring Time or what?[/quote]
UrSobsessed

Postby Jersey90TQ » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 am

nice find... congrats

how does that r-click work for you?
Jersey90TQ

Postby speedydtp247 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 pm

UrSobsessed wrote:Nice man! Congrats on the car! Those are super rare!

Which cylinder is the low compression in? These motors are prone to having the valve guides(especially on the exhaust side, #'s 4 and 5) wear out. It can get bad enough to where the valves won't close all of the way so a compression test won't show accurate results.

I compression tested my car and all of the cylinders came up with a consistent reading of ~85psi across the board! Then I had a leak-down test done on it and it showed I had worn valve guides, mostly in #3, then 5 and 4 repectively.

Might not be you problem, but just some food for thought.

Thanks!

Not sure what cylinder has low compression. Thanks for the heads up though.

Jersey90TQ wrote:nice find... congrats

how does that r-click work for you?

Thanks.

I don't have it installed on the Avant but do have it installed on my UrS4 and I love it.
speedydtp247

Postby speedydtp247 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Here is the stereo system that was installed. I'm not sure how I feel about the big front door speaker panel and the head unit. I'm thinking about having a in dash screen head unit installed.

speedydtp247

Postby speedydtp247 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Here is a little update on my avant.

I finally got a rust free hatch!! Thanks Jim for picking this up for me!!! Sorry for the crappy cell pic, its green btw.

Cant decide on which wheels to dedicate for summer use and winter use. Both are 17" x 8" wheels. I'm thinking about using the AR1's for summer use because I have a thing for wheels with lips. I know that the RC's weigh lighter then the AR1's and would benifit with better fuel economy over the AR1's.
ASA AR1

BBS RC *ignore the dust collecting CQ in the background*
speedydtp247

Postby RufCTR » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:41 pm

I like the BBS RC wheels myself, despite my agreeing with you on the lips for wheels.

Had a couple of recommendations.............. I would recommend using Scott at Advanced Automotion for the 6speed swap. I have one of his transmissions (in for about a year) with no issues, shifts smooth, runs great, no problems. The price was pretty reasonable as well. As for the FMIC, I would run the Apikol kit from 034 or Apikol itself. The kit is nice quality and fits very well. The trimming required is well worth the effort.

Had a question though about the S6+ brakes. Where can you get parts for those? How are they?
RufCTR

Postby speedydtp247 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:38 pm

RufCTR wrote:I like the BBS RC wheels myself, despite my agreeing with you on the lips for wheels.

I sure do like wheels with lips! Here is a pic of my CQ with big lip wheels.

Here is a pic when I first got the wheels

RufCTR wrote:Had a couple of recommendations.............. I would recommend using Scott at Advanced Automotion for the 6speed swap. I have one of his transmissions (in for about a year) with no issues, shifts smooth, runs great, no problems. The price was pretty reasonable as well. As for the FMIC, I would run the Apikol kit from 034 or Apikol itself. The kit is nice quality and fits very well. The trimming required is well worth the effort.

I was thinking about going with a 6 speed from Advance Automotion because they list a reman 01E 6 speed for $1995. you can go wrong with that price because if you buy a used tranny from a B5 S4, you'll always wonder if it has been beat on. I'm still in debate on going with a FMIC kit from Apikol or save money and piece one together myself.

RufCTR wrote:Had a question though about the S6+ brakes. Where can you get parts for those? How are they?

The S6+ brake setup came with the avant when I bought it. IIRC when I was looking thru the recipt book that I got they were purchased thru Hoppen Motorsports. Here is one link asking about what this setup is worth and another link me mentioning about the condition of the brakes
speedydtp247

Postby RufCTR » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:25 am

So, in other words, if you can afford the Porsche Big Reds or Big Blacks, get those instead???

What rotors do you run with the Porsche brakes?
RufCTR

Postby speedydtp247 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:36 pm

RufCTR wrote:So, in other words, if you can afford the Porsche Big Reds or Big Blacks, get those instead???

What rotors do you run with the Porsche brakes?

I would say if you can afford the big blacks/reds go for it.

They are A8 323x30mm rotors
speedydtp247

Postby RufCTR » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Will those A8 323x30mm rotors fit inside the stock S6 wheels (16" Fuchs 5-spoke)???
RufCTR

Postby speedydtp247 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:09 pm

My avant is now rockin carbon fiber from a 93 UrS4. Here a few pics.

This looks SOOOO much better then wood!!!!
speedydtp247

Postby RufCTR » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 pm

I love the CF trim, I want it... 8)
RufCTR

Re: My UrS6 Avant

Postby speedydtp247 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm

I finally got the old rusty hatch replaced! Here are a few pics of the old rusted thing.

Here is the new hatch installed.

I need to mod the inner part of the hatch so I can reinstall the inner panel. Next week the avant will get new tint on the hatch and the rest of the windows will get retinted.
speedydtp247

Postby danycheung » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 pm

wow nice, mine is that same color and interior also :D !

nice car
danycheung

Postby speedydtp247 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:40 pm

danycheung wrote:wow nice, mine is that same color and interior also :D !

nice car

Thanks. The europa blue does look great in avants! I'm still debating on keeping the platinum interior or swap to black. you have any pics of yours on here?

I see that you have a nice collection of cars.
speedydtp247

Postby speedydtp247 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:08 pm

These 3 pics below show why I retinted my windows. Who ever did the tint did a terrible job :frustrated: . Since the tint didnt cover the whole window, they had use electrical tape. :wtf:

This pic below shows the new window tint. 50% for the front 2 doors and the rest are 20%.

The next 5 pics below show the old exhaust system. This avant came with a rear abt muffler.

This pic below shows the rust which I need to fix someday in the future.

And now to the pics of my new exhaust. This is the 5th gen Stromung exhaust system.

New down pipe being test fitted.

speedydtp247

Postby Rallyfreak202 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 am

Love the avant. The CF trim I sold you looks great!!
Rallyfreak202

Next

Return to Projects